Whenever the kids drag me out to the mall we always stop at a grilled sub place in the food court. Aside from Auntie Anne’s, it’s the only place in there that makes the trip worth it for me. They have a grilled Chicken Philly sub that I love! I’ve even made my own Chicken Philly at home a few times. But this past weekend I knew we were going to be running around and coming home to cook would be the last thing on my mind.
So I got this idea that maybe I could just throw all the ingredients in my slow cooker. Lucky for me, it worked! The chicken comes out incredibly tender, the onions caramelize and it all soaks up the delicious liquid seasoning I like to use. If you haven’t tried Dale’s Steak Seasoning you absolutely must. It’s perfect for steaks but also flavoring chicken in this case. NOTE: While it’s called a seasoning it’s actually a SAUCE. So if you’re looking for this in your grocery store you’ll want to look around the bbq, liquid marinades, dressings. It’s a dark liquid in a bottle, not a dry seasoning.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 3 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dale’s Steak Seasoning
- sliced Mozzarella cheese
- hoagie rolls
- Spray a 3 – 4 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and turn to LOW heat.
- Add butter, onions and green peppers.
- Toss chicken with steak seasoning, salt and pepper, then add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours.
- Serve on hoagies with a slice of cheese melted on top.