Whenever the kids drag me out to the mall we always stop at a grilled sub place in the food court. Aside from Auntie Anne’s and Rosebud, it’s the only place in there that makes the trip worth it for me. They have a grilled Chicken Philly sub that I love! I’ve even made my own Chicken Philly at home a few times. But this past weekend I knew we were going to be running around and coming home to cook would be the last thing on my mind.
So I got this idea that maybe I could just throw all the ingredients in my slow cooker. Lucky for me, it worked! The chicken comes out incredibly tender, the onions caramelize and it all soaks up the delicious liquid seasoning I like to use. If you haven’t tried Dale’s Steak Seasoning you absolutely must. It’s perfect for steaks but also flavoring chicken in this case. NOTE: While it’s called a seasoning it’s actually a SAUCE. So if you’re looking for this in your grocery store you’ll want to look around the bbq, liquid marinades, dressings. It’s a dark liquid in a bottle, not a dry seasoning.
- butter – 2 tablespoons
- sliced sweet onion – 1
- sliced green bell peppers – 2
- boneless, chicken breasts – 2
- seasoning – 2 tablespoons
- Mozzarella cheese
- hoagie roll
- Add three to four quarters slow cooker with cooking spray and keep it at LOW heat
- Add onions, green pepper and onion
- Season chicken and add salt, pepper then add to slow cooker
- Cook for 5 hours
- Serve it with a slice of melted cheese on top