A few days ago I got a surprise delivery. I had entered a few blog giveaways including one hosted by Liz at A Nut in a Nutshell where she asked the OREO kit winners to recreate a dessert from the OREO Play Up Dessert recipe booklet. Inside the booklet there are a lot of really cute Fall and Winter dessert ideas all using my all-time favorite cookie … OREOS.
Since Fall and Thanksgiving have already passed I thought it would be fun to turn these into a more festive dessert using red velvet cake and the limited edition holiday OREOS that have cute designs on the cookie and red creamy filling inside.
When you cut through the stuffed cupcake you can see all that OREO goodness inside. And when you eat them warm, right out of the oven, the cookie is soft. They look pretty darn fancy too when plated on a vintage cake stand.
- 24 Holiday OREO cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line two cupcake baking pans with liners and place one OREO with the design facing down into each liner.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of cake batter over each cookie.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Microwave marshmallow creme for 15 seconds and whisk with COOL WHIP.
- Remove the cupcakes from the liners and slice in half and put a dollop of the filling between the layers.