A few days ago I got a surprise delivery. I had entered a few blog giveaways including one hosted by Liz at A Nut in a Nutshell where she asked the OREO kit winners to recreate a dessert from the OREO Play Up Dessert recipe booklet. Inside the booklet there are a lot of really cute Fall and Winter dessert ideas all using my all-time favorite cookie … OREOS.
Since Fall and Thanksgiving have already passed I thought it would be fun to turn these into a more festive dessert using red velvet cake and the limited edition holiday OREOS that have cute designs on the cookie and red creamy filling inside.
When you cut through the stuffed cupcake you can see all that OREO goodness inside. And when you eat them warm, right out of the oven, the cookie is soft. They look pretty darn fancy too when plated on a vintage cake stand.
- Holiday OREO cookies, about 25
- red velvet cake 1 box
- marshmallow creme, 1 cup
- COOL WHIP, 1-1/2 cups
- Set oven at 325 degrees (F)
- Place an OREO with the design facing down into each of the liners
- Prepare cake mix as it is directed on the package
- Add 2 tablespoons of cake batter over every cookie
- Bake around 20 minutes
- Put marshmallow creme in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds and whisk with the COOL WHIP
- Remove cupcakes from the liners and slice in half and put one dollop of the fillings between each layer