Every month or so I get a special delivery from Green Mountain Coffee (the makers of KCup packs for your Keurig brewer). This month the delivery featured a variety of coffees from Donut House. Now, I’ve heard a lot about this brand but I’ve always been partial to my favorites, never stepping out of my routine to try something new but I’m glad I did.
They’ve got a delicious collection of flavors that includes: Donut House Light Roast Coffee, Cinnamon Roll Coffee, Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee and Donut House Light Roast Decaf Coffee.
If I had to pick a favorite … it would be the chocolate glazed donut.
This one little KCup pack goes right into the Keurig brewer and smells like a liquid donut dripping right into the mug.
And nothing goes better with chocolate glazed donut coffee than an actual chocolate glazed donut! I finally got a chance to use my Wilton donut baking pan and baked up a half dozen of these rich, chocolaty donuts.
The chocolate glaze on these makes them doubly delicious because there’s a bit of the brewed coffee mixed in.
If you’re feeling adventurous you could even dip the donut right into the coffee.
Recipe: Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 3 tablespoons of brewed Donuts House Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2-3/4 cup of sugar
- Put oven at around 325 F
- For the donuts, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add the egg, milk, butter and vanilla, then whisk
- Fill each donut hole half-full with batter
- Bake between 10 – 12 minutes
- For the glaze, mix all ingredients properly
- Dip each donut in the glaze, sprinkle with chocolate and it’s ready to serve!