Every month or so I get a special delivery from Green Mountain Coffee (the makers of KCup packs for your Keurig brewer). This month the delivery featured a variety of coffees from Donut House. Now, I’ve heard a lot about this brand but I’ve always been partial to my favorites, never stepping out of my routine to try something new but I’m glad I did.
They’ve got a delicious collection of flavors that includes: Donut House Light Roast Coffee, Cinnamon Roll Coffee, Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee and Donut House Light Roast Decaf Coffee.
If I had to pick a favorite … it would be the chocolate glazed donut.
This one little KCup pack goes right into the Keurig brewer and smells like a liquid donut dripping right into the mug.
And nothing goes better with chocolate glazed donut coffee than an actual chocolate glazed donut! I finally got a chance to use my Wilton donut baking pan and baked up a half dozen of these rich, chocolaty donuts.
The chocolate glaze on these makes them doubly delicious because there’s a bit of the brewed coffee mixed in.
If you’re feeling adventurous you could even dip the donut right into the coffee.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee, brewed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2/3 cup powdered sugar
- (add ⅓ more powdered sugar for a thick frosting)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray a donut baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, dust lightly with flour.
- For donuts, mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, egg, vanilla and butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Fill each donut cavity ½ full with the batter.
- Bake 12 – 14 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the glaze, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. You may need to add an additional ⅓ cup of powdered sugar for a thicker glaze.
- Dip the top of each donut in the glaze, top with chocolate sprinkles and enjoy.
This month’s promotional code is DONUTHOUSE8146. Receive 15% off Donut House Collection® K-Cup® packs at GreenMountainCoffee.com (while supplies last). The code is valid from February 26th through March 19th and cannot be combined with any other key code discount.
** I was provided with KCup packs as part of the Green Mountain Ambassador program. Opinions expressed are based on my own personal experiences.