Is there any better combination than that? I think not.
Which is why I put them all together to create these mini blondie sticks. Yum!
The weather started heating up last week … crazy warm … to the point I had to turn on the air conditioning. In March!
Instead of reheating the house with oven I thought now would be a good time to pull out the KitchenAid Convection Countertop Oven I’ve had in storage for the past year or so. As it turns out it’s quite a helpful little appliance for baking small batches of sweets without heating up the house. The blondies I made came out perfect! Oddly enough this little appliance bakes more evenly than my real oven does.
Once this little sheet of blondies cooled I knew exactly what needed to go on top.
My favorite chocolate.
They key for the frosting is to use the Ghirardelli Chocolate Sweet Ground White Chocolate, 3.12 lbs.which is perfect for flavoring frosting, a hot drink or even a White Chocolate Caramel Mocha Cookie Iced Coffee Chiller.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅔ cup light or golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Ghirardelli White Chocolate Powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 – 2 cups powdered sugar
- bag of pastel M&Ms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 – 12 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Gently stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Spread the mixture in the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- For the frosting, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. The powdered sugar can be added as needed to create the texture you prefer.
- Once the blondies have cooled, spread the frosting evenly and top with m&ms, you can cut into bars or bite size sticks.