Every week seems to present a new set of challenges when it comes to cooking new and different meals that the whole family loves. While we often find ourselves to be creatures of habit, especially when food is involved, occasionally I like to mix things up with something new and different.
During the winter months, I spend a lot of time creating slow cooker meals and we love using chicken in there because it comes out so tender and moist. This time was no different when I paired it with creamy VELVEETA® cheese and my daughter’s favorite vegetable, broccoli. As a side dish, we kicked up our favorite oven roasted potatoes with Ro*Tel® diced tomatoes and green chiles.
It’s not a “pretty” meal but it is one that will cook itself, fill up the tummy and leave you feeling cozy.
- 1 – 10oz can Cream of Chicken condensed soup + ½ can water
- 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 1 – 1lb VELVEETA® loaf, sliced
- 2 cups white rice, prepared
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, butter
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ can of Ro*Tel® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- In the slow cooker, combines the cream of chicken, water and chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add the broccoli and VELVEETA® slices to the slow cooker and continue cooking on low for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, black pepper, garlic powder and tomatoes (drained). Mix well and spread on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve the chicken over rice with a side of potatoes.
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.