I know Valentine’s Day has become this highly commercialized, Hallmark holiday but it doesn’t mean it’s any less worth celebrating. No, we don’t need a day to tell everyone we love how much we love them, but it’s still nice to take that day and spread some extra love.
If pancakes are something you often make for your family, you can make them just a little extra special on Valentine’s Day by shaping them into hearts and adding a little strawberry syrup instead of the usual butter and maple syrup.
To make the pancakes heart shaped, just use a piping bag or a plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off to the draw the batter on your griddle into the shape of a heart.
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, frozen or fresh
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed
- zest of one orange
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring all of the ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a light boil and cook down for 15 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- Cool to room temperature before serving over pancakes.