It’s hard to believe that 2012 is just about over. It seems like the year just began but here we are getting ready to count down the ball drop into 2013.
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen this year, it’s my favorite place to be. I love being able to cook and bake for the people I love and I love it even more when the meals I put on the table are appreciated. And boy do these kids appreciate a good meal. Most nights I don’t even have to worry about pre-rinsing a dish because they’re licking their plates clean. So to finish out the year I wanted to share the top 10 recipes from my kitchen … to yours!
- CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS – The number one recipe was actually an experiment. It’s funny how things work out sometimes but I’m glad I shared this one. It’s a family-style dish that is great for a big casserole dish and one that everybody enjoys.
- PINK LEMONADE SHERBET PARTY PUNCH – A favorite for holiday parties, especially anything pink themed, we continue to make this recipe for special occasions and birthday parties. In fact, it will be on the table when I celebrate my 30th birthday next month.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE OREO FLUFF DESSERT – Great for picnics or whenever you have a major OREOS craving. We like to make the fluff for dessert when we’re grilling in the summer. It’s also great with other cookies like Grasshoppers or Golden OREOS.
- CINNAMON APPLE FRENCH TOAST WRAPS – I haven’t made these in a few months but with my New Year weight loss resolution, I need to get back to my skinny recipes. Whether you’re making breakfast or dessert, these wraps are delicious.
- VANILLA CHEESECAKE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES – When strawberries are ripe and in-season this is the best dessert a girl could ask for. You get the sweet berries and the creaminess of cheesecake all in one big bite.
- LOADED BAKED POTATO SALAD – Another summer grilling dish that’s perfect for a crowd and has all the comfort flavors of a baked potato. It’s so filling you could probably even serve it as a small meal.
- WEEKEND BREAKFAST BAKE – Family breakfasts are something we save for the weekends. My kids never fuss when I serve up this pizza-style breakfast bake and I feel great because I can sneak in some diced vegetables without any whining.
- OREO STUFFED CUPCAKES – Another OREO recipe which doesn’t surprise me. Oreos are the best cookie in the world and can only be made better if they’re baked into a fluffy cupcake.
- CREAMY SWEET CORN SALSA – This slow cooker side dish is packed with sweet corn and a creamy texture making it perfect for a party and some corn chips.
- LEMON GLAZED PULL-APART BREAD – Finally, one of the best for last. Pull-apart bread is great for a dessert or even as a sweet breakfast, especially for the holidays.