I seem to have thing for wraps lately and my weekend lunch was no exception. I had a big bag of tortillas left over from a taco night and thought it would be fun to make one of my favorite sandwiches into a less messy and less calorie filled version. It still isn’t diet friendly but weekends are for cheating right?
I pulled out my packages of Hormel Natural Choice turkey and ham. Much like the grilled sandwiches I love at the mall, the meat is diced and quickly grilled on the stove top until it’s steamy and hot. To save some time I also used the Hormel Fully Cooked Bacon so I wouldn’t have to spend more time frying and waiting to get a big bite of this meaty club sandwich.
Do you have a favorite “classic” sandwich you think tastes even better grilled and wrapped?
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 thick slices deli ham, chopped
- 3-4 thick slices deli turkey, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons light mayo
- 4 strips pre-cooked bacon
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slices of tomato
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and add ham and turkey.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until hot.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with melted butter. In a separate skillet over medium high heat, cook the tortillas for about a minute on each side.
- Spread half the mayo on one side of each tortilla.
- Build each tortilla by scooping half of the ham/turkey into the center. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and bacon.
- Roll the tortillas from one side to the next, tucking the ends inside and slice in half.
In the spirit of full-disclosure, I’ve partnered with Hormel Foods as part of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. Throughout the year I’ll be receiving product, coupons, giveaways and promotions. However, no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.