Pumpkin has never been a particular favorite of mine. It’s great in a thin slice of pumpkin pie or even in a pumpkin cookie dip but that’s about as far as it goes for my tastes. However, I’ve found that it’s also quite tasty when added to cinnamon rolls!
This mini version of the refrigerated cinnamon rolls our family already loves is really easy to make and only needs a few additional ingredients. Shown below, you can see how I turned a tube of 8 rolls into 24.
Baked in a mini cupcake pan, these turn into itty bitty cinni-minis that can be enjoyed as a snack or as a Thanksgiving breakfast.
- 1 tube of cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- Preheat oven according to cinnamon roll package directions.
- Prepare dough by unrolling the cinnamon rolls and cut the dough width-wide into 3 even sections.
- Spread the pumpkin over the dough evenly.
- Roll each strip of dough back into a mini cinnamon roll and place in a mini-cupcake pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese icing and spice blend until combined and drizzle over warm rolls.