When I first set up the HP Envy 23 TouchSmart AiO PC I knew it would be a fun computer. I even knew my kids would enjoy the new piece of technology in our home. What I didn’t know is how quickly it would become an actual part of our family.
Living in a crowded house of five (plus two cats) we don’t have a lot of extra space for things. That’s one of the reasons we’ve never had a family computer. The HP Envy changed all that. The all-in-one design makes it easy to find a home for it in any room of the house because despite having a huge 23 inch touchscreen, it’s compact in size. There’s no tower to take up space. We were able to find a small corner desk for our living room that gives the entire family access to the computer and doesn’t make our room feel extra cramped.
For several weeks now we’ve found so many creative and practical uses for the HP Envy 23 TouchSmart AiO:
- Dad – My husband uses it to keep up with his favorite football team including using the Dallas Cowboys app on the Windows 8 live tile screen.
- Mom – I love it most for the recipe apps and following along in the kitchen. But occasionally I’ll turn on the iHeart Radio app to dance away the time while I’m cleaning.
- Son – Matt is a Minecraft addict and spends his time building with that game. He also will have access to it for school projects and research.
- Daughters – Both girls love the Fresh Paint app and the Magic Desktop so they can surf a kid-friendly internet zone.
* I wrote this review while participating in a program on behalf of HP and received an ENVY 23 TouchSmart AiO and other products as a thank you for my participation. In addition, Netflix provided me with a special account to use during this program.