1. I’m not sure how I’m suppose to grieve and accept the loss of my dad. There have been a few times in my life when I’ve had to work through the so called 5 stages of grief and yet somehow, I never get past #4 depression. How can I let go and move on when almost every night I’m plagued by realistic dreams about my dad? And yet, no matter how many times I tell myself he really is gone, I still think that maybe that day was just a bad dream and he’s at home right now, sitting in his chair watching the weather channel.
2. Truth. I made a completely gas guzzling wasted trip to the grocery store just to buy a box of Famous Amos cookies. And then I ate the whole box. And now I’m contemplating another trip to the store for some Zantac.
3. Whoever said the sun helps acne was a LIAR. I’m spending a lot of time at the water park and it’s giving me killer breakouts.
4. Although she’s cute as can be, this little kitten is also becoming a menace in my work space. Every time I use the mouse she attacks my monitor trying to capture the pointer.
5. I have this crazy idea that I should make another raised bed garden. The first one is already a lot of work but I’d love to grow my own strawberries. The only problem, I have two strawberry munchers. I’m not sure I could grow enough to accommodate their appetites and have any left over to enjoy myself.
6. I’m sooooo ready for winter. I love the sun, the green grass and even the time in the pool but man oh man this summer heat is just disgusting. Bring on the snow.
8. School starts in exactly 36 days. Matt starts 7th grade, Kaydee starts 1st grade and Emma goes to pre-school. PARTY TIME!!!! No wait, me party? Ha. I’ll probably just take a nap and enjoy the peace and quiet for the first time in 12 years of being a mom.
9. I don’t need a car but I really, really want one. I keep driving by the Ford lot looking at all the Mustangs just to taunt myself. Buying myself a new car won’t be a reality until I get this darned dental loan paid off.
10. There are a lot of things in life I’ve taken for granted but the one I really wish I hadn’t was my childhood best friend. She was more like a sister to me than my own ever was for nearly 20 years. I really miss her. And if I wasn’t such a weenie I would pick up the phone and call her.