Super Bowl Sunday is just a week away and we’re getting our kitchen prepped for the big game. While neither of the teams are of any particular interest, the game itself is an occasion worth cooking for. This year we’re mixing up our big game menu with some new dishes including one from former NFL running back LaDainian Tomlinson and his wife Torsha who teamed up with Kellogg’s to create some snack recipe ideas.
Everyone around here loves a good appetizer and when it includes a family favorite like Cheeze-It crackers, it’s sure to be a great recipe. I whipped up the sweet roasted red pepper dip this weekend to try out and let me tell you, it’s scrumptious.
- 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 7 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove of peeled garlic
- 1 cup of red and green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box Cheeze-It crackers
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve with Cheeze-It crackers for dipping.
Big Game Snacking Tips from LT
- Advance the ball: As guests arrive, start with dry mixes to prime their beverage selection. Move on to refrigerated dips when all “players” are on the field – this way the dip doesn’t sit out too long and everyone gets their fair share.
- Go no-huddle: Set up the beverages along the sidelines of the room to avoid a buildup around the drink cooler.
- Prevent pile-ups: Divvy up each appetizer on the line of scrimmage with several separate bowls and place them in different areas around the house.
- Keep a clear field: Place messier dips over hardwood floors and easy-to-clean areas to avoid dripping on the carpets and couches – a major penalty.
- Call audibles: As quarterback of the party, don’t be afraid to switch up your strategy on game day to keep the partygoers happy.
For more game day recipes visit SnackPicks.com.
One lucky reader will win a Kellogg’s Big Game prize pack that includes: one (1) Kellogg’s cutting board, four (4) Cheez-It snack bowls, one (1) Cheez-It athletic T-shirt and two (2) autographed footballs. Total ARV: $143.70.
For full rules - www.kelloggsbiggamebloggergiveaway.com
I was provided with a review kit and one to give away.