We tend to think of celebrating Valentine’s Day just on well, actual Valentine’s Day. But since I’m a blogger I get to spend the whole month before a holiday playing with new recipe ideas and trying out new holiday related products. It’s fun for me and tasty for the family. They never mind sampling the goodies I make for them and I get to find out which ones are the best.
Valentine’s Day is no different. It’s a fun holiday to bake for and one way we like to make it special is with a sweet breakfast. For Christmas we like to do a cinnamon roll breakfast, birthdays are all about the cake batter pancakes and Valentine’s Day, it’s all about sweet love muffins. I like this particular recipe because you can use it as a base and add any type of filling or topping your heart desires.
For Valentine’s Day, my heart desires sweet cherry pie filling!
This week I tried about a new-to-me baking product. They’re designer baking cups from Welcome Home Brands. What makes these different is they are sturdier than a typical cupcake pan paper liner. You can stand these up on a cookie sheet, fill them with batter and they don’t fall over or change shape.
These paper cups are oven safe up to 400 degrees F and even freezer safe if you want to bake it, freeze it and reheat later.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 – ¼ cups white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk (or 4 tsp vinager + half cup milk)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and space paper Welcome Home Brands paper bakeware cups on a cookie sheet or fill 12 muffin cups with paper cups.
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a medium bowl, xix together the flour and baking powder.
- Stir the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk into the sugar mixture, just until incorporated.
- Fill cups halfway with muffin mixture. Add a tablespoon of cherry pie filling to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when lightly pressed.
One lucky reader will win a Welcome Home Brands prize pack that includes: (1) 3 piece set of Heart Shaped Baking Pans in Red/Gold Pattern , (1) 3 piece set of Heart Shaped Baking Pans in Red Pattern and (1) 3 piece set of Heart Shaped Baking Pans in White Pattern.
Disclosure – I was provided with a baking kit and one to give away.