Dinnertime during the weeknights in this house can only be described as chaotic. Like many families with children in school, we face our own share of busy schedules from homework to football practice. Some nights I find that I have less than a half an hour to squeeze in a meal before it’s time to get the kids showered and tucked into bed.
On those nights I look into the fridge for products that are quick, easy and delicious. One of those staples you’ll find tucked into the fridge door is a tube or two of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. They’re often baked and in a basket on the table with our meal but sometimes they become the main dish. One way we use them is in this Pizza Pockets which the kids absolutely love!
- 1 tube Pillsbury Big N Flaky Crescent Rolls
- 24 slices pepperoni
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ green bell pepper, diced
- 4 sticks Mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning blend
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place cut cheese sticks in the freezer 15 minutes before preparing the pockets.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the tube of Pillsbury Crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
- On the flat side of the roll, layer 4 slices of pepperoni, ½ a cheese stick, black olives and green peppers.
- Tightly roll the wide end towards the pointed tip.
- Tuck the sides of the dough under the tip of the dough to create a seal.
- Brush the top of each pizza pocket with the egg wash and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and the seasoning.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet, evenly spaced apart for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Making this Supreme Pizza Pockets dinner is very easy and ready in 30 minutes or so. You probably even have all of the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator. One tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls makes 8 pizza pockets. The best part is you can customize each one for picky eaters. My son prefers pepperoni only while I love them stuffed with vegetables and my husband wants his packed with meat. The pizza “crust” comes out crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside.
You can also mix it up with different fillings like ham with cheddar, chicken with broccoli or sausage crumbles with onions and peppers.
To make these extra special, you can top the Pillsbury Crescents with Parmesan cheese and Italian spices for the perfect pizza night.
Want a winning weeknight dinner the family will enjoy, make Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Get Recipes at www.Pillsbury.com
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.