When I cook for the family I like to go BIG. By big, I mean, I usually make way too much food and end up with plenty of leftovers to use for lunches or toss into other meals. Sometimes I even have leftover products in the pantry and freezer that were bought on sale or things I just forgot to cook. Those extras become casseroles. Sometimes they’re a dud and sometimes I throw together the perfect combination of flavors that create a near perfect dish.
One of those successful casseroles included two of my pantry staples: VELVEETA® and Ro*Tel® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles. Together with some browned sausage, frozen hash browns and a few extra ingredients you get this incredible casserole that’s great for breakfast or a dinner.
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 30 oz bag of frozen hash browns
- 8 oz sour cream
- 10 oz can of cream of potato condensed soup
- 1 lb Velveeta, cubed
- 1 can Ro*tel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- Salt/Pepper to taste.
- Defrost hash browns until soft and tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground sausage until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine hash browns, sour cream and soup until mixed thoroughly.
- Drain the can of tomatoes, squeezing any excess juice from the tomatoes and add to the bowl along with the cheese cubes.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread the mixture in there evenly.
- Bake for one hour and stir before serving to spread the melted cheese throughout.
If you’re looking to spice up your leftovers, be sure to check out the Weeknight Wow Sweepstakes where you can win $1000 each week and pick up some wonderful recipes using VELVEETA® and RO*TEL®.
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.