Last month I shared a quick Smokey Mesquite BBQ Meatball Sliders recipe using Kraft Fresh Takes and this month I got a brand new challenge. This time I was asked to make a meal in under 30 minutes using only 4 ingredients with the Kraft Smokey Mesquite BBQ Fresh Take variety.
This was one challenge I had to rack my brain a bit to figure out but after thinking about our usual meals I found a way to turn a family favorite that often takes an hour to cook and condense it into a delicious 30 minute meal.
We often like to make a Chili’s style Monterey Chicken dinner that everyone loves. This time we turned it into an open faced sandwich with chunks of chicken breasted coated with the Kraft Fresh Take smokey mesquite seasoning, slathered in BBQ sauce, melted cheese and crispy bacon crumbles. All of the meat is piled high on grilled Vienna bread and served with steamed broccoli.
Want to see how I made it? Watch below for the step-by-step process.
- ⅓ pound bacon, cut in small strips
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Smokey Mesquite BBQ Kraft Fresh Take
- 6 slices Vienna or Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Cook bacon until crispy in a large skillet. Set bacon aside to cool and leave the grease in the skillet. Set aside.
- Toss chicken cubes in the Kraft Fresh Take seasoning and fry in the bacon grease skillet for 7 - 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. (you may need to add a tablespoon of olive oil if you don't have enough bacon grease)
- Grill the bread slices on both sides in butter.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and space the bread slices evenly on the sheet.
- Top each bread slice with the cooked chicken mixture. Brush the chicken with BBQ sauce. Sprinkle the cheese from the Fresh Take over the chicken and top with bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
*Kraft provided me with compensation to participate in creating a recipe. #KraftFreshTake