Now that the holidays are over, I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to get my house (and kitchen) back in order. We got all of our decorations packed away and now tackling my kitchen is on my to-do list. The first thing to get done is getting all of the holiday dinner left-overs out of my refrigerator. The vegetables have already been tossed into a homemade vegetable soup for lunches this week and now we’re using up the leftover ham. One of my favorite ways to do that is mixing it with scalloped potatoes, which also uses up some of the potatoes that we’re hanging around in a basket.
In the past, I’ve always made scalloped potatoes with him in a dish in the oven, but it’s also a recipe that’s great for the slow cooker, especially the new Crock-Pot Digital Slow Cooker with iStir Stirring System. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve opened the lid in my slow cooker to give the food a stir which as we all know, increases the cooking time. To prevent that, the iStir Stirring System does all of the stirring for you with the general purpose paddle (for thinner meals like soup) and the stew paddle (for thicker meals like chili or stew).
Watch in below as I go over the easy to use features of the Crock-Pot Digital Slow Cooker with iStir Stirring System.
- 1 tub (16 oz) of sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- generous pinch of black pepper
- 2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, American, mozzarella, etc)
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fully cooked ham, cubed
- In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, soup, salt, pepper and shredded cheese. Add potatoes and ham, toss together until coated.
- Spray a 6 quart Crock-Pot with non-stick cooking spray and add the potato mixture. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
The Crock-Pot Digital Slow Cooker with the iStir Stirring System can be purchased directly on Crock-Pot.com for $69.99 or on Amazon (prices vary).
Use the entry form below to enter to win a Crock-Pot Digital Slow Cooker with iStir.
*I was provided with a digital slow cooker to review.