Don’t let the name of this recipe scare you off.
Reindeer poop is tasty stuff.
Of course my daughters heard the name and wrinkled their little noses as I was rolling the “reindeer poop” into balls. But then of course I explained they’re like a Rice Krispies Treat, only tastier. These snack balls include yummy caramel sauce and melted chocolate chips to give them extra flavor.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces mini marshmallows (half a bag)
- 12 ounces of Smucker's caramel dessert topping
- 12 ounces of Hershey's milk chocolate chips
- 5 - 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir gently until melted.
- Turn off heat and add caramel sauce and chocolate chips. Stir until melted.
- Stir in cereal until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and set on a non-stick baking mat (like Silpat) or wax paper to cool.