Now that’s it’s just me and Emma home during the weekdays, I’ve been finding myself looking for creative ways to put together a quick lunch. You can only eat so many low-calorie frozen meals before you find yourself wishing the freezer would magically die so you’ll never buy another one again.
One of my favorite quick dinners as a kid was a simple hot ham n cheese sandwich my parents made when mom was making a pot of soup. Much like me, Emma has a love for anything with a little cheese thrown on top so I put together a miniature version of those sandwiches with a little addition of a tangy sauce.
These are so easy to throw together if you have some lunch meat, basic condiments and rolls in the house.
- 12 small rolls
- 1 package of thin sliced honey ham
- 1 package of thin sliced mozzarella cheese
- ⅔ cup light mayo
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix (Hidden Valley powder packet)
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, mustard, ranch and paprika until combined.
- Cut the rolls in half and slather the mayo on the top and bottom.
- Layer each roll with ham and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.