Steak and potatoes, hands down the best meal in the world!
At least for my husband and I.
We rarely get a chance to go to an actual steakhouse having three kids and all but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a great steak at home. While I’m typically a Filet Mignon kinda girl, occasionally we’ll stick to our budget and get a couple of small New York Strip steaks. It’s a meal we keep pretty simple, seasoning our steaks with a lot of black pepper, a dash of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, some sauted bell peppers thrown on top, chive butter potatoes on the side and my personal favorite, garlic herb steakhouse butter.
A big dollop of this butter on a hot steak is incredibly delicious and of course, it’s easy to make.
- ½ stick salted butter, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- pinch of ground black pepper and seasoned salt
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve on a hot steak.