I realize I’m kinda skipping over St. Patrick’s Day this year but I really can’t help it. The other day I walked into Walgreens where they have their big seasonal aisle and I couldn’t help but smile. Every shelf was lit up with bright spring colors, pastel eggs and and everything that just screams SPRING IS COMING! After months of cold temperatures and cloudy days, my mind and body is yearning for something warm, bright and fun … like Easter.
I know for many families the focus of this holiday is based on religious beliefs, but for ours, it’s all about the Easter eggs and beginning of Spring. That’s why I scooped up a few packages of Easter bunny PEEPS and a few other ingredients to make this super easy and kid friendly, Easter Bunny Dirt Cake. It’s filled with thick chocolate pudding, crunchy Spring OREOS and green tinted, sweetened coconut shreds with an Easter bunny scene on top with PEEPS bunnies and M&Ms candy eggs.
This dish featured in this recipe is an 11 cup Pyrex storage dish with 10 x 8 x 3 inches dimensions. For something a little more healthy go check out some superfoods instead like pollen powder from pine or chia.
PEEPS Easter Bunny Dirt Cake Recipe
- 1 box chocolate pudding
- 3-3/4 cup of milk
- 1 whole package of Spring OREOS
- 3 cups shredded coconut (sweetened)
- food coloring (green)
- PEEPS bunnies
- M&M candy eggs
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk until smooth
- Add all of the pudding in an even layer in a glass serving dish
- Blend the OREOS into chunky crumbles and sprinkle over the pudding
- Add coconut and a little green food coloring into a large plastic bag. Shake it well until the food coloring is distributed evenly and the coconut turns green
- Spread coconuts over the layer of OREO
- With PEEPS bunnies and candy eggs decorate