I am a big time cauliflower lover! I remember having it as a side dish quite often as a kid except it was kinda boring. My parents would just boil the whole head and brush a little butter on. It’s great like that but it’s even better with a little crunch and flavor added to it.
Fortunately I have kids that love their vegetables and my Parmesan roasted cauliflower was no exception. I plan on adding this to our weekly meal plan once a week. The best part of this side dish is you can pretty much stuff yourself with it as it’s less than 100 calories per serving (6 florets).
- 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup crushed whole wheat Ritz crackers
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare cauliflower by rinsing and cutting into florets.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add cauliflower and boil for 10 minutes.
- Use a large strainer to drain the cauliflower well.
- Spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread the cauliflower evenly in the pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs and grated cheese over the cauliflower and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn the broiler to the low setting and broil for 5 minutes.