In our house, we like to give our kids the freedom of deciding what we make for dinner on occasion. Unfortunately, sometimes those opinions, especially from three children with different taste preferences can vary greatly. For example, one night I asked for input and my son suggested spaghetti, my daughter suggested tacos and my other daughter asked for macaroni and cheese. So what’s a mom to do when everyone wants something different? Well, I make a one pot meal taking a few ingredients from each food they want.
Getting a little help from my pantry staples, I pulled out the VELVEETA® and Ro*Tel® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles to make a one pot meal that would satisfy everyone.
The VELVEETA® gives this dish the creamy texture of a homestyle macaroni and cheese, the Ro*Tel® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles add a little Mexican kick and the beef and pasta tie it all together to create a dish the family will dig right into. I personally love it because I can pull together lots of flavors and minimize the number of dishes I’ll need to clean up later.
- 1 box Rotini pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 lb VELVEETA®, cubed
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can Ro*Tel® diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup corn tortilla chips, crushed
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef and seasoning until cooked through. Strain and set aside.
- In the same pot, fill with hot water and boil until tender. Strain and add it back to the pot along with the ground beef, cubed VELVEETA®, milk and Ro*Tel® diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- Stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- In food processor, pulse a handful of chips until crushed into small bits.
- Sprinkle chips over the pasta and serve.
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakesto encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.