Back in February I started my fitness journey with one goal in mind — lose the mommy fat.
I looked in the mirror and saw ten years worth of tears, stress, bad eating habits and zero motivation built up like a protective shell on my body. I was miserable and couldn’t take it anymore.
I bought a FitBit, a treadmill and some decent walking shoes. I set out to change the way I ate, I vowed to stop sitting on my behind and more importantly, the way I thought about myself. My light switch flipped and my life started changing because I made the choice. No amount of encouragement from anyone in my life could make me do anything about my misery, I had to be the one to do it and I did.
Today I’m over halfway to my ultimate goal and my motivation to reach it is stronger than ever. I’ve reached an all new low that is making me feel high!
Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I could lose 25 pounds of FAT! Oh my gosh, I did it. I really, really did it!
I wish I had held onto my old jeans to show you the difference but I gave them all away knowing I’d never allow myself to wear them ever again.
So what has 25 pounds changed in my life?
- I went from a tight size 16 jeans to a loose size 12.
- I dropped my size 42 chest size to a comfortable size 36. (I can buy real bras now!!!)
- My shirts went from XL to L …possibly M but I haven’t bought any yet.
- I can jog, run and play with my kids without getting winded.
- My weight status and BMI changed from Overweight to Healthy
- Most importantly, when I look in the mirror I see some of the girl that I use to be and I actually smile.
I really can’t put into words the amount of joy I’m feeling right now. It’s a feeling I haven’t felt in a very long time that I hope never fades.