I think the title pretty much sums this one up. Mississippi Mud Brownies. aka Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate … with a few nuts and marshmallows thrown in.
I may not be from Mississippi but I can tell you I could surely fall in love with the people that state just for this dessert alone. It’s rich, gooey and oh so yummy!
Recently I received a copy of Chocolate, a recipe booklet from The Pampered Chef. Inside the recipe booklet …
Chocoholics, please resist licking the pages! Satisfy every craving with 19 simple yet showstopping desserts like Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bombes and White Chocolate Cupcakes with Truffle Filling. Includes tips on purchasing, storing and working with chocolate.
It just so happens I also had the opportunity to try The Pampered Chef Chocolate Caramel Sauce so instead of following the recipe exactly, I substituted this sauce for the topping. It’s good, really good! One little jar contained enough topping to make these muddy brownies extra muddy with a little left over for ice cream sundaes on another night.
Want to make these at home? Check out the recipe below with my modifications or pick up a copy of Chocolate by visiting The Pampered Chef Online Store where each recipe book is only $7.50. This would make a great gift along with the topping for any chocolate lover in your life.
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- optionally you could use a brownie box mix)
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 1 jar of Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt chopped chocolate in microwave for 1½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, continue to heat until butter turns a deep amber color. Remove from heat and pour into a medium bowl.
- Add chocolate, flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt to butter bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Spread batter into a square baking pan and bake 18-22 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Spread marshmallow creme over warm brownies.
- Allow brownies to cool for one hour then spread chocolate caramel sauce over the top and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Note – The Pampered Chef provided the chocolate sauce and recipe booklet. Opinions expressed are my own.