For a couple of weeks now I’ve been hearing buzz about the McDonald’s Shamrock Shake. People are literally tripping over themselves to get in line for one, or maybe that’s just my husband. Regardless, I’ve never ever tried a Shamrock shake. For some reason, the idea of a mint flavored milk shake just doesn’t sound appealing. For me, mint is meant to be a subtle flavor in desserts, not necessarily take the star role.
That said, I decided to try a homemade version and pair it with a shot of chocolate ice cream to kick up the flavors a bit. It was surprisingly delicious!
Mint Chocolate Shamrock Shake
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure mint extract
- whipped cream & sprinkles
- In a blender, combine chocolate ice cream and 1/4 cup of milk until smooth.
- Add chocolate milk shake to the bottom of a tall glass.
- In a blender, combine vanilla ice cream, mint extract, 1/3 cup of milk and green food coloring (optional) until smooth.
- Carefully poor the mint milk shake over the chocolate in the same glass and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.