I am a compensated Chief Waffle Officer for Eggo.
I know it’s a little annoying to think about Thanksgiving before Halloween is even here but I have a very good reason for bringing it up pre-maturely.
I’ve never been a big fan of this traditional Thanksgiving dessert but on this one day of the year, I do enjoy a few bites. That’s how I like my pumpkin pie … in small doses.
After a huge turkey dinner feast, I’ve noticed my family feels the same way. It’s almost impossible to find room for dessert after everyone has gobbled down platefuls of turkey, stuffed, mashed potatoes, veggies and cranberry sauce. That’s why these mini pumpkin pies are so perfect. You get to indulge in a few bites of this delightful dessert without tipping the scale.
But the fact that these are a mini dessert is not what makes them so special. It’s all about the crust. Unlike traditional pie crust that’s often crumbly, bland and lifeless, you can give your pumpkin pie a wow-factor with WAFFLES! Yep, I said it, frozen waffles. You can use Eggo Homestyle Waffles or the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Waffles to create the perfect pie shell.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 – 15 ounce can of Pure Pumpkin
- 1 – 12 ounce can of Evaporated Milk
- 16 – 18 Eggo Homestyle frozen waffles
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Microwave 6 waffles for about 1 minute, until soft and pliable.
- Spray a 6-cavity large, muffin sized baking pan with non-stick spray. Push the waffles into each cavity so they form a bowl.
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat until smooth (about 30 seconds). Mix in pumpkin until smooth. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.Pour into each waffle bowl, without overflowing.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the pumpkin is set. Check with a toothpick, it will come out clean when done. Repeat the process for the remaining waffles.
- Cool for 30 minutes, top with whipped cream and serve.
Do you have any creative ideas for turning frozen waffles into a Thanksgiving treat? Put your creativity to the test in The Great Eggo Waffle Off! contest. Visit Eggo on Facebook and check out the contest app. Your recipe could win you a $5000 grand prize or one of several runner-up prizes for cash or Eggo products! You’ll also find a bunch of recipe ideas to try out at home.
Use the entry form below to enter to win an Eggo Waffles prize pack that includes: One box of Eggo waffles (awarded in the form of a free product coupon – max. value $3.29 ea. coupon), One Eggo branded T-shirt, Three waffle serving plates and One Eggo Recipe Look Book.