First, I should apologize, these photos are terrible. Second, it doesn’t matter because these ugly pictures shouldn’t deter you from giving these mashed potatoes a try. They are insanely good.
Last week my sister invited us out for dinner and a bonfire and I being the procrastinator I am, didn’t plan a dish to take over until the day of the get-together. Being the potato loving girl I am, I decided to keep it simple with a mashed potato bake that is out of this world good. Let me clarify, good for your taste buds, not your rear-end.
The toppings ….
The taters ….
Again, less than fabulous photos. I’m absolutely kicking myself because I had to photograph these with my iPhone with horrendous lighting, but I think you get the idea. Potatoes, cheese, bacon, green onions all baked into one delicious bite. Plus all of the high calorie goodness mixed into the potatoes.
- 5 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 package Oscar Mayer Bacon, crispy fried
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel, quarter and boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain.
- In an electric mixer, beat potatoes, butter, sour cream, cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Spread mashed potatoes into a rectangular baking dish, top with shredded cheeses and bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon, green onions and serve warm.