Today we celebrated my baby girl’s 4th birthday! Gosh, she’s getting so big, which is a totally over-used phrase around here but it’s so true. It really feels like I just brought this sleepy little bundle of love home and here she is getting ready to run off to pre-school.
Anyways, Miss Emma decided she wanted to do a Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday party. Personally, I’m not a fan of the cartoon but the theme was a lot of fun to work with when it came to the food and decorations. I was even lucky enough to have Party City to come to my rescue and help out with many of the decorations. They’ve always been my first stop for party supplies and this year we put them to good use. There were so many things going on I really need to break it all up into several blog posts so for now I’m going to share my favorite part of the treat table.
We used Party City’s plain pink paper cups and incorporated them into the party theme with little Lemonade Meringue printables that I just glued right to the cups. I even found some Strawberry Shortcake themed paper straws from The Enchanted Frog on Etsy.
Sticking with the party theme I made a big old jug of Lemon Meringue’s Frozen Lemonade that has sweet lemonade concentrate frozen to a slush, fresh lemons and some pineapple sherbet for even more sweetness.
Since each character got a spot on the treat table I also made Orange Blossom’s Mandarin Orange Ice Cubes. These are so easy to make with just water and canned mandarin oranges. You can use a regular ice cube tray but I’m telling you, once you use Tovolo Perfect Ice Cube Trays made with silicone, you’ll never use any other kind. They make perfectly square cubes and pop out so easily. The tray is flexible, but really sturdy so you can place it directly in the freezer.
- 2 cans frozen lemonade concentrate
- 8 cans cold water
- 6 scoops pineapple sherbet
- 1 liter Sprite
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a very large freezer safe jug or bowl, mix both cans of frozen lemonade (thawed) with 8 cans (the lemonade cans) of cold water.
- Freeze 4 – 6 hours, stirring occasionally until slushy.
- In a serving pitcher add the lemonade slush and lemons. Top with 6 scoops of sherbet.
- Slowly pour the sprite over the top, be careful as it will start to foam.
- Serve immediately.
* Party City provided some of the products featured.