*I was provided with KCup packs as part of the Green Mountain Ambassador program.*
This time last week a new delivery from Green Mountain Coffee showed up on my door step. Inside this box was a gift basket full of baking goodies and a few boxes of Barista Prima Coffeehouse K-Cup portion packs. This line of coffee products includes: Italian Roast (Dark), French Roast (Darkest), Columbia Roast (Medium-Dark) and House Blend (Medium-Dark). Being a light roast coffee kind of person, I knew right away these coffee blends weren’t going to be for drinking. Instead they are perfect for cooking and baking.
I don’t know about you but for me, the first dessert that comes to mind when I think of coffee is Italian Tiramisu. It is my absolute favorite dessert in the whole world. If I were on my death bed I would request black olives and Tiramisu. That’s how much I love it.
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 16 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed Italian Roast coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 30-40 ladyfingers
- 2 cups strong brewed Italian Roast coffee, room temp
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup extra dark chocolate chips, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- In an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar on high for 3-6 minutes, until fluffy and pale yellow.
- Add cheese and whisk on high for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons coffee and whisk on high for 1 minute.
- In a second mixer bowl, whisk heavy cream on high until thick.and becomes whipped cream.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into cheese mixture just until combined.
- Dip ladyfingers in cold coffee, just dunk under and right back out, do not leave it in the coffee for more than 2 seconds.
- Layer the bottom of 13×9 baking pan with the dunked ladyfingers in a single layer. You may need to break some ladyfingers before dunking to get them all to fit.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers and repeat for a second layer of ladyfingers and cheese.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder and sprinkle the chocolate chips and hazelnuts over the top.
- Cover with non-stick aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Overnight is even better.
This month’s promotional code is BARISTA8146. This promo code offers 15% off storewide at GreenMountainCoffee.com, and free shipping on orders containing at least one K-Cup® pack of Barista Prima Coffeehouse®. The code is valid now through May 31st and cannot be combined with any other discount code.
I’d love to hear from you. Since I have several more dark roast K-Cups, what are some of your favorite recipes that use brewed coffee as an ingredient?