One of my favorite ways to give gifts during the holiday season is to make them personal. Some of the sweetest gifts are homemade or even semi-homemade in this case. If you have a lot of adult family members to exchange gifts with or even want to send in a special holiday treat for a teacher this is one they’ll appreciate. While you can use any store bought mug you like, the Tervis mugs are my absolute favorite. I use them all summer long for cold drinks and all winter for hot drinks. You can even get them in adorable holiday designs.
Give the Tervis mug as a gift or make it semi-homemade by added a hot cocoa cone. These are extremely easy to put together and don’t cost very much at all if you’re buying hot cocoa mix in the large tubs. You can layer the flavors, add different chocolate candies (like Andes Mints) and even try using some of the seasonal flavored marshmallows like the Jet-Puffed Peppermint Mallows.
- 8 tablespoons hot cocoa mix powder
- 4 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 clear pastry bag
- 1 twist tie (grab one from an old bread bag)
- Open the pastry bag and put it inside a tall glass, folding the top around the rim of the glass to hold it open.
- Fill the bottom with your favorite store bought hot cocoa mix, add the chocolate chips then marshmallows and tie off with a twist tie.