Now that Spring is in full swing with Summer just weeks away, it’s time to start planning your get-together events. One of my favorite ways to host a party is with a theme and thanks to the new limited editions Tostitos Thins, it’s easier than ever to create a pretty awesome Fiesta.
Available for a limited time only, these lighter, thinner tortilla chips come in two flavors including Lime & Salt and TexMex. We put together a little Fiesta for five and made some tasty recipes including our family favorite, creamy sweet corn salsa, which goes perfectly with the TexMex chips. Even better is the Coconut Lime Coolers with a side of the Lime & Salt chips. Whether you try my recipe (below) or one of the Tostitos Fiesta 411 Recipes available on Facebook, these are sure to spice up your Fiesta.
I couldn’t help but love the thin, crispiness of the chips that compliment a hearty salsa quite well. The flavors are as light as the chips making them great with almost any recipe but quite tasty alone.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sweet Vidalia onion, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 – 11 oz cans of sweet yellow and white corn, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded American & cheddar cheese blend
- salt and ground black pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions and peppers for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- In a slow cooker on low, combine the onion/pepper mixture with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 1-2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with tortilla or corn chips.
Want to try the new Tostitos Tex-Mex and Lime & Salsa Thins? You’ll have to visit your local Target because they’ll be there exclusively for a limited time through mid July. You can also visit the Tostitos Fiesta 411 tab on Facebook for great recipes and party tips!
Create your own fiesta with this great giveaway package from Tostitos which includes: Four bags of new Tostitos® Thins tortilla chips (2 bags of each flavor), $50 Target gift card to pick up your fiesta essentials, Reusable Tostitos® tote and party-planning checklist to ensure you have the essentials covered.
I was provided with a party kit for our family and one to giveaway. Opinions expressed are my own.