Growing up, holiday baking was something I cherished. It was uninterrupted time with my mom who spent most of her days working to support our family. There were always piles of flour and sugar floating around the kitchen, cracked eggs splattering and sticky finger prints on almost every surface you can imagine. It was messy, but fun and tasty!
Now that I’m a mom I’ve taken that mother-daughter tradition to my own kitchen except I learned from our messy experiences. I put together recipes that are still fun to make and only require a few simple ingredients that the kids can help with. For instance, Martha White makes a lot of great premium baking mixes like my personal favorite, the strawberry muffins which only require adding a bit of milk. It’s an easy breakfast the kids can help me stir together. But you can also turn those mixes into some pretty amazing dishes like the ones the Martha White Holiday Challenge winners created.
We got together to do some muffin mix experimenting of our own and turned a chocolate chip muffin mix into these tasty holiday M&M candy blondies.
- 2 (7.4 oz.) packages Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- red and green holiday m&m candies
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray the bottom of 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together muffin mix and brown
- Add butter, egg and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan and top with m&ms.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes and cut into bars.
Martha White Holiday Muffin Mix Challenge
Martha White conducted a nationwide search for the best original recipes suitable for entertaining. The results were amazing with dishes like the Baked Candied Sweet Potato Pancake made with Martha White Cinnamon Sugar Flavored Muffin Mix. And the Triple-Layer Bavarian Apple Torte is a beautifully layered dessert, enhanced with a sweet crust made with Martha White Apple Cinnamon Flavored Muffin Mix. To get these recipes be sure to visit MarthaWhite.com.
Use the form below to enter to win this beautiful Martha White prize basket that includes: Martha White muffin mixes, kitchen gadges and more.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* I was provided with a Martha White baking kit and gift card