*I was provided with a review and giveaway package.
The Fourth of July is just about a week away! June seems to have flown by so quickly that I just realized the holiday is almost here. Every year our two favorite ways to celebrate the holiday is watching (and lighting) fireworks and creating fun red, white and blue themed recipes. On the 4th, the kids get an entire day full of colorful meals starting with breakfast. In the past I’ve we’ve made a Patriotic Checkerboard Cake, a Red White & Blue Glazed Pound Cake, Star Spangled Mini Pancake Stacks and my personal favorite, Red White & Blueberry Cheesecake Mason Jars.
This year we’re continuing the tradition with a little help from Hungry Jack. They’ve got a special Stars & Stripes Funfetti Pancake mix that is so easy and fun for 4th of July recipes. I had a lot of ideas for ways to use this mix given the fact that my kids are pancake fanatics we stuck with a pancake recipe. I made it extra special with a cheesecake filling between the layers and a sweet cherry pie topping.
When you cut into the rich layers of pancake you get a red, white and blue surprise! Each pancake is packed with edible funfetti pieces that give these a festive colors.
- 1 package Hungry Jack Stars & Stripes pancake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by combining the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer. Whisk until light and fluffy. Add whipped topping and mix just until incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare pancakes as directed on package.
- Pipe a swirl of cheesecake mix over each pancake, stack and top with cherry pie filling.
Keep en eye out for the Hungry Jack Stars & Stripes Funfetti Pancake mix at your local grocery store, it’s only available for a limited time.
Use the entry form below to enter to win one (1) $100 William-Sonoma Gift Card, three (3) packages of Hungry Jack Stars & Stripes pancake mix pouches and an inspiration board with recipe ideas.