Brought to you by JELL-O. Anything can go wrong during the holidays. Except these recipes.
During the often stressful holiday season, I like to take moments out of each day to make it special for my children. That usually involves cooking and baking together in the kitchen. Together, we have fun making easy dishes and savor the time together afterwards around the table enjoying our treats.
One of our favorite things to cook together is pancakes! They’re so easy to make and even more fun to customize with different flavors and toppings. During the winter holidays, we enjoy seasonal flavors like pumpkin and gingerbread. This past week we customized a JELL-O recipe and made gingerbread pancakes with a warm cheesecake sauce.
This sweet holiday breakfast recipe starts with piping hot pancakes. There’s a unique twist to making these by using gingerbread cake mix as the pancake batter base. Cook them up on a hot skillet or griddle and set aside to cool.
When I think of gingerbread desserts, like cookies, the first thing that comes to mind is a cream cheese frosting. The next best thing is a Cheesecake flavored sauce for these pancakes using JELL-O cheesecake pudding mix. By adding a little more milk than the directions call for, you can create a creamy sauce that goes perfectly with pancakes.
Together, the cheesecake sauce and gingerbread pancakes make the perfect pairing for a quick, easy and delicious holiday breakfast. For more recipes like this one, check out JELL-O online.
- 1 pkg. (14.5 oz.) gingerbread cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Cheesecake Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- Mix gingerbread cake mix, water and egg in large bowl until batter is smooth.
- Heat griddle or large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle, using scant ¼ cup batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on tops, then turn to brown other sides.
- Meanwhile, beat pudding mix and milk in microwaveable bowl with whisk 2 min. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until heated through, stirring after 1 min. Serve pancakes with warm cheesecake sauce.
Do you have a family tradition for your Thanksgiving breakfast?