We’re getting closer to the big game which is a major football holiday around this house. It doesn’t matter which teams are playing, it only matters that there’s a good spread of food and a clear line of sight to the television.
Every year I bring out the slow cooker to cook up my favorite red chili, bake some hot wings for the family and a plethora of other finger foods. This year we’re adding a dessert to the menu made with Musselman’s Apple Butter. While this is a product we’d normally reserve for a spread on toast in the morning, it also makes an excellent addition to recipes. You can use it to make a pork marinade, a caramel-apple dip or even as a key flavor in baked beans.
Since dessert is something I usually forget about during the big game I thought it would be fun to try a quick and easy finger food dessert flavored with the apple butter. These Apple Butter Monkey Bread Bites are simply divine. You can throw them together in about 5 minutes, bake in 30 minutes and have a sweet apple-cinnamon monkey bread bite covered in a sweet sauce.
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup MUSSELMAN’S Apple Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate biscuits and cut in quarters.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll biscuit pieces in cinnamon sugar to coat, and drop them in a greased Bundt pan. Make sure they are distributed evenly.
- On the stove top, heat the butter, brown sugar and sugar to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in apple butter.
- Pour mixture over the dough, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes, turn upside down onto serving plate, and remove pan.
One lucky reader will win a Musselman’s Apple Butter prize pack that includes: a jar of Musselman’s Apple Butter, a multi-purpose bowl and recipe cards.
Disclosure – I was provided with an Apple Butter kit to use and one to give away.