Of all the meals I’ve prepared for my family, chicken and dumplings continues to be an all time favorite. It’s a dish that is always easy to prepare, using a few simple ingredients and leaves me feeling full and cozy. While I do like to cheat and use cut up refrigerated biscuits sometimes, I always prefer Bisquick dumplings because they cook up light and fluffy.
We did change up our recipe a little bit this time by incorporating some fresh garden herb flavors. The best part was all I had to do was step in my backyard to snip a branch of fresh rosemary for this dish.
This also happens to be a recipe that you can change to suit the needs of your family. Fortunately, my toddlers aren’t very picky so I was able to incorporate a lot of different vegetables into the dish.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 49oz can of Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 26oz can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 12oz bag of frozen Green Giant Valley Fresh Mixed Vegetables Steamers
- 2 cups Bisquick Original Mix
- ¾ cups milk
- 2 TBS fresh chopped rosemary
- In a large pot over high heat, add chicken broth, celery, poultry seasoning and chicken. Boil for 40 minutes until cooked through and fork tender.
- Reduce heat to medium and add cream of chicken and mixed vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, use your fingers to combine Bisquick, milk and rosemary until a dough ball forms.
- Drop 1 inch balls of dough onto soup mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cover and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.