When it comes to Super Bowl Sunday there’s 3 kinds of people in this house. Whether you’re watching it for the game or the commercials, there’s one thing for certain, the food is always awesome. While the boys are glued to the television I spend my afternoon in the kitchen whipping up a variety of finger foods to snack on. We’ve got the usual variety of wings, pizza, chili and this year we’re adding something new.
The bread itself is full of flavor with the blend of Italian spices and cheese baked right in. You could even use this as a pizza crust but I like to dip bread so we cut it up into squares to go along with some supreme pizza dip.
The pizza dip is really easy to put together and includes a mix of cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and of course all of our favorite pizza toppings.
The bread can be read in an hour and is perfect for dipping in this hot pizza dip. It’s a great recipe to get done before the game starts and enjoy as an appetizer. If you visit the Fleischmann’s yeast website you’ll also find more ideas for game day appetizers and breads.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup mini pepperonis
- ¼ cup green pepper, diced
- ½ cup black olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a square baking dish mix together cream cheese, ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese, ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese and Italian spices. Spread evenly.
- Top with pizza sauce and remaining cheeses.
- Top with pepperoni, green peppers and black olives.
- Bake 20 – 30 minutes until bubbly hot.
- Serve with Three Cheese Italian Bread.
Fleischmann’s Yeast Big Game Giveaway
Now through Super Bowl Sunday you can visit the Fleischmann’s Yeast Facebook page to enter the Big Game Giveaway. When you submit your favorite pizza topping you can enter to win one of 50 daily Fleischmann’s yeast products or one of three grand prizes including a pizza stone, cutter and more.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for ACH. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.