I am a compensated “Cans Get You Cooking” ambassador.
This weekend we made our weekly stock-up trip to the grocery store. While there, I saw the canned veggies were on sale and decided to stock my pantry up with enough canned food essentials to last us several months. During the winter months we use a lot of canned vegetables because they make homemade cooking easy and the canning process locks in foods’ freshness. We can enjoy our favorite seasonal vegetables in the “off season”.
I pulled a few cans of Del Monte Mixed Vegetables out of the pantry to whip up an over-sized serving of Shepherd’s Pie. This dish is affordable, flavorful and there’s enough to feed our family of five with plenty of leftovers for lunch or another dinner later in the week.
This recipe is easy to make with a start to finish meal in less than an hour and you can feed a whole crowd with it. Want to make this dish for your next dinner? Grab the recipe below! Or to get even more can-friendly cooking recipes be sure to check out these great resources:
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/CansGetYouCooking
- Pinterest: www.Pinterest.com/CansGetUCooking
- YouTube: www.YouTube.com/CansGetYouCooking
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon worchestire sauce
- ½ tablespoon seasoned salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 cans Del Monte Mixed Vegetables, well drained
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil potatoes 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Add worchestire sauce, seasoned salt, black pepper. Stir.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add beef broth and mixed vegetables. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- In an electric stand mixer, whip potatoes, garlic powder and sour cream until smooth.
- Spoon the beef and vegetable mixture into a 14x10x3 casserole dish. Spread the mashed potatoes over the beef mixture and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and continue baking 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Use the entry form below to enter to win a #CansGetYouCooking Prize Pack including: $25 American Express gift card, a Cans Get You Cooking tote bag, a Cans Get You Cooking apron and a can opener.
a Rafflecopter giveaway