I am a compensated Chief Waffle Officer for Eggo.
When you think about fall desserts, what comes to mind?
For me, it’s anything sweet that requires the oven. It’s a great source of heat on chilly nights and inside the four walls of that appliance, I can bake some of the sweetest desserts. For our family, fall is all about the pies. When I asked my husband what his favorite fall pie is, he said Dutch Apple Pie. Yum right?
So I skipped into the kitchen to make my next Eggo Waffles creation that once again, like the mini waffle pumpkin pies I made last week, starts with a frozen Eggo homestyle waffle shell. But this time we filled it with chunky apple pie filling and topped it off with a sweet crumble.
The best part … they’re mini sized! So you don’t have to feel too guilty about having a bite or two of pie. This recipe makes a batch of six little pies that are great for an after dinner dessert or sharing with neighbors.
- 6 frozen Eggo homestyle waffles
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Microwave waffles for about one minute, until soft and pliable.
- Spray a 6 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press the waffles into each cup to form a bowl.
- Add pie filling until filled to the top of the waffle.
- In a bowl use a fork to mix together the flour, brown sugar, oats and melted butter until crumbly.
- Top the pies with the crumble and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing and serving.
There’s only a few weeks left in The Great Eggo Waffle Off contest. Have you submitted your creative recipe idea yet? Put your creativity to the test in The Great Eggo Waffle Off! contest. Visit Eggo on Facebook and check out the contest app. Your recipe could win you a $5000 grand prize or one of several runner-up prizes for cash or Eggo products! You’ll also find a bunch of recipe ideas to try out at home.