Okay, so it may not be fall just quite yet but that doesn’t mean I can’t make the kitchen smell like it is without heating the house up and the slow cooker is the perfect tool for that. I get the scent of cinnamon apples drifting throughout the house and all the heat stays in the little pot.
Nothing, not even a baked apple pie is as good as caramel apples. When you toss whole apples in the Crock Pot with a few caramels, you get this delicious little treat.
And it’s even better with a dollop of ice cream on the side!
- 4 baking apples
- ½ cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 8 caramel squares
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Peel the top quarter of each apple and place in the Crock Pot.
- Pour apple juice over apples.
- Place 1 TBS butter, 1 TBS brown sugar and 2 caramels in the center of each apple.
- Lightly sprinkle each apple with ground cinnamon (optional)
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and/or ice cream.