I am a compensated Chief Waffle Officer for Eggo.
I can finally breath a sigh of relief. Even though the calendar doesn’t quite agree, I can say Fall has arrived in Illinois. We’re finally getting normal temperatures in the 70′s that feels absolutely amazing. The chilly nights have me thinking of baked apple pie, warm hot cocoa and the family favorite … S’MORES!
This traditional Autumn dessert usually involves big, fluffy marshmallows, hunks of chocolate and graham crackers over an open flame, but there are other fun ways to eat it. Our recent favorite is the frozen version with Eggo® Homestyle Minis, Breyer’s Chocolate Ice Cream, creamy marshmallow topping, rich dipping chocolate and plenty of graham cracker crumbs.
We start this dessert with Eggo® Homestyle Minis waffles that have been toasted and cooled. Then you top one with a scoop of rich chocolate ice cream and a drizzle of marshmallow sundae topping.
Then you add another waffle to the top to make a sandwich, dip it in a pool of melted dark chocolate and roll it around in crumbled graham crackers.
Together, these inexpensive toppings make the perfect Fall treat!
- 2 slices Eggo Homestyle Minis waffles
- Breyer’s chocolate ice cream
- ¼ cup marshmallow dessert topping
- ¼ cup melted dark chocolate
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Toast the waffle slices as directed on the product packaging and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add a dollop of chocolate ice cream to half of the waffles. Top with a drizzle of marshmallow topping and top with the remaining waffles to create four sandwiches.
- Dip each sandwich in the melted chocolate and shake a little to remove the excess chocolate.
- Roll the chocolate dipped sandwich in the graham cracker crumbs and serve.
The Great Eggo Waffle Off Contest
Now that you’ve seen my favorite Eggo waffle ice cream creation, check out what’s happening on the Eggo Facebook page. Now through 11/4/13 you can enter your own waffle creation into the weekly contest for some great prizes in The Great Eggo Waffle Off! contest. Your recipe could win you a $5000 grand prize or one of several runner-up prizes for cash or Eggo products! You’ll also find a bunch of recipe ideas to try out at home.