Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Subs Recipe
Author: Cat Davis | FoodFamilyFinds.com
Type: Slow Cooker
Serves: 6-7 subs (with 3 meatballs each)
- 1 lb ground pork or original pork sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- handful of finely chopped flat leaf parsley (fresh Italian parsley)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 bay whole leaves
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1 regular can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 large cans crushed tomato
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Sub Buns
- In a 7 quart slow cooker, add all of the marinara ingredients and heat on low for 10 hours.
- For the meatballs, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all of the meatball ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on the lowest setting with the paddle attachment just until combined.
- Hand roll the meat into balls a a little bigger than a golf ball and spread on a baking sheet. At that size, you should be able to make about 20 meatballs.
- Bake for 45 minutes then add the meatballs to the slow cooker an hour before you plan on serving dinner.
- Add the meatballs to a sturdy sub bun, top with a little extra sauce, fresh Mozzarella cheese and bake at 375 degrees F until the cheese is melted.
Recipe by Food Family & Finds at http://foodfamilyfinds.com/slow-cooker-italian-meatball-subs-recipe-12-italian-family-dinner-recipes/