Vanilla Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Author: Cat Davis
Serves: 12 berries
- 1 dozen fresh, large strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tub of Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg (optional)
- In an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, Cool Whip and vanilla extract. Bean on high for about 1 minute until combined and fluffy.
- Rinse the strawberries with cool water and lightly pat dry with a paper towel.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the green top and the tip of the strawberry so it will stand up on a flat plate.
- Use the tip of your knife to carve out the center of the strawberry from the top (where the greens were).
- Use a spoon or piping bag to fill the strawberries with the cheesecake filling and sprinkle lightly with ground nutmeg.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve (same day).
Recipe by Food Family & Finds | Illinois Mom Blogger at http://foodfamilyfinds.com/spring-dessert-vanilla-cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries/