Today is National Pound Cake Day and I’m pretty excited. Pound cake is on the top of the list when it comes to my favorite types of cake. Just don’t ask me to bake one. When a pound cake craving hits I avoid the kitchen and head straight to the freezer section at the grocery store for a Sara Lee butter pound cake. They’re the perfect size and always have a smooth texture that’s perfect for dipping in fondue, smothering in strawberries or in this case, layering in a parfait.
These Tiramisu parfait dessert cups are so easy to throw together and since they’re semi-homemade, you can take all the credit for this fantastic looking treat.
- 1 small box French Vanilla flavored instant pudding
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 Sara Lee pound cake, defrosted
- 1 cup whipped cream
- cocoa powder
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk pudding and milk until combined.
- Add cream cheese and 4 tablespoons of the coffee, continue to whisk on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Cut the pound cake into ½ inch cubes and fill the bottom of a dessert cup with them. Drizzle the pound cake with coffee.
- Cover with a layer of the pudding.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Share the Sweetness Recipe Contest
In celebration of National Pound Cake Day, Sara Lee is hosting a pretty sweet contest where you can enter to win a $500 Visa Gift card and dessert for a year! All you have to do is visit Sara Lee on Facebook and submit an original recipe using Sara Lee pound cake. There’s also seven runner-up prizes up for grabs.
Use the entry form below to win a $50 VISA gift card and 2 Sara Lee free pound cake coupons.
* Sara Lee provided me with a gift card and product coupons.