Last weekend I was digging through my holiday themed baking supplies and ran into the pumpkin mini cake pan that I had actually never used for cakes. It was something I enjoyed using for shaping Rice Krispies Treats but it works great for cakes or brownies too. This little pumpkin treat is so easy to make, requires no recipe and is a lot of fun for kids because they get to decorate and eat!
What You’ll Need
- 1 box brownie mix (plus printed ingredients)
- 1 tub prepared cake icing
- orange food coloring (or red/yellow)
- preparing piping icing in black and green
- Wilton Non-Stick Jack-O-Lantern Mini Cakes Pan (or a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter)
These are so easy to make and the kids will love decorating them. I just used my Wilton pumpkin shaped pan but you could also bake your brownies on a sheet pan and cut them out with a cookie cutter.
Once cooled, these pumpkin brownies already have the face shape on one side. It makes a great guide for piping the faces.
Color your icing and frost! I just used a simple black icing but you could let the kids go wild with sprinkles too!