This is going to sound really odd but I loathe nuts. All of them. I can’t name a single nut I like, including the widely loved peanut.
I love Pistachios.
Yes, I know they’re a nut but they really don’t taste like anything especially when they’re mixed in with pistachio pudding. *Love*
Growing up I loved when my mom would bring home a cup of pistachio pudding (which I later learned is actually called Watergate Salad) from the grocery store. I could seriously eat a huge bowl of it in one sitting.
It turns out my kids love it as much as I do too. Competition. Crap!
Instead of handing over my beloved bowl of pistachio pudding I thought it would be fun to make some Easter pudding cups with a little PEEPS cuteness thrown in.
These are ridiculously easy to make and just so darn good that you might toss the PEEPS chick to the side just to dig right in. It’s okay, I don’t think he’ll mind. ;)
- 1 small box instant Pistachio Pudding + required milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- green food color
- PEEPS chicks
- Prepare the pudding mix as directing on the packaging.
- Add 1 cup Cool Whip to the pudding and stir until combined.
- In a small dish, put a layer of the pudding on bottom, add a layer of marshmallows, then a layer of pineapple chunks and finish it off with another layer of the pudding.
- In a small bowl mix the coconut with a few drops of green food coloring.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top and plop a PEEPS chick right in the center.