Slow cookers are without the best way to cook food, at least in my opinion. There isn’t a single meal that doesn’t come out moist, tender and full of flavor. It’s also a favorite because I can toss in the ingredients and forget about it for a few hours. Holidays and special events are no exception especially when I can cook in bulk without dirtying a bunch of pots. Now that Crock Pot has a new collection of personalized slow cookers available, cooking has become even more fun.
What’s Your Crock-Pot Style?
Crock Pot has this amazing new collection of personalized and NFL themed Crock Pots available to fit your own personal style. There’s something for everyone from the Simply Chic woman to the Team Spirit man. Inside the Crock Pot Style Guide you’ll find inspirational designs and recipe ideas for the perfect Crock Pot gathering. Click the image below to check out the guide (pdf file).
So What’s Our Crock-Pot Style?
This time of the year it’s all about the football. My husband and daughter are both Dallas Cowboys fans. Then of course on the opposite side you’ve got my son, other daughter and myself rooting on the Green Bay Packers. It’s tough to choose but since my husband loves slow cooker meals more than anyone else I know, we picked out the Dallas Cowboys NFL Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry™ 6 QT Slow Cooker.
Aside from the very cool logo design wrapped around the slow cooker, this particular model also features the Cook & Carry™ lid. As seen below, it has latches on both sides of the lid so you can cook it, secure it and carry it off to any place the food needs to be. This could be a Superbowl party, a birthday, holiday dinner, the possibilities are endless. I also happen to like using it home. It keeps my husband from peeking under the lid and increasing the cooking time just so he can get a whiff of the tasty meal inside.
Since this Crock Pot is wrapped in the Dallas Cowboys logo it was only fitting to make a recipe Texas-style. This Tex Mex Chicken Nachos recipe will draw you in while it’s cooking and fill you up after it’s done. The flavor is bursting with every bite and since everything is bigger in Texas, so are all the chunks of white meat chicken and slow roasted peppers.
- 3 (about 1.7 lbs) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¼ inch-wide strips
- 1 packet Taco BellTaco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch-wide strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ½-inch-wide strips
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 small jar of thick & chunky mild salsa
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese (4 cheese variety)
- sour cream
- sliced green onions
- Spray a 6 QT slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bottom, toss the sliced chicken with taco seasoning and flour until coated.
- Add peppers, corn and salsa. Mix.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Serve over corn chips with shredded cheese and your favorite toppings.
One lucky reader will win a Crock Pot prize pack that includes: (1) Crock-Pot calender cookbook, (3) Crock-Pot seasoning mixes and (1) Crock-Pot slotted spoon.
Disclosure – I was provided with a Crock Pot and prize pack to give away.